To fully understand the capabilities and neatness of Twitter you must do more than sign up. Here are some things I’ve found keep me interested and engaged.
- Find and follow people with like interests. Twitter doesn’t make this easy, you can use Summize.com or Google custom search.
- Find and follow people who inspire you. A few who inspire me include Peter Merholz, Dave Winer, Jared Spool and Jeffrey Zeldman.
- Find and follow people who live in your area. Twitter offers limited capability for this, use the tools above for best results.
- Find coworkers and friends. Again, use the tools above.
- Download and use a Twitter client. My recommendation is Twirl, it’s an Adobe AIR app which works on Mac and Windows.
- Use Twitter to update other services. You can use Twitter to update your Facebook status or add a Twitter feed to your blog.
Additional Reading: The Several Habits of Wildly Successful Twitter Users & Twitter: Use it Productively
1 thought on “Understanding Twitter”
i signed up for twitter, but i never use it. i will send you my information. i think that i signed up with [email protected]
it does sound like fun, once you find coworkers and friends.